For Immediate Release:
May 6, 2022
Contact: Samantha Lake
Princeton, NJ — Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), the only nonprofit dedicated to the success and growth of construction financial professionals, announces its second class of Rising Stars. These leaders under 40 years old are honored for positively impacting their companies and the construction industry.
“It is inspiring to see these young professionals recognized for building a stronger industry,” said Tom Borgia, CFMA’s 2022-23 Chairman. “Congratulations on being recognized as CFMA’s 2022 Rising Stars. With a focus on the future, I am confident that these leaders will help guide us through the changing needs of the construction industry.”
“Leaders like these Rising Stars will surely help advance our industry, strengthen CFMA, help us innovate, and build inclusive community,” says Stuart Binstock, CFMA’s President & CEO. “I am excited to see how they will help carry the construction industry — and CFMA — into the future.”
2022 Rising Star Honorees
- Jason Berkenpas, CPA, CCIFP, Director of Construction Industry Services, Weaver
- Ashley Bowman, Controller, W. Soule & Co.
- Rich Brown, Controller, CSDI Construction, Inc.
- Janeen Butler, Tax Manager, Conover Asay CPAs, PLLC
- Dustin Campbell, CEO, Mid-Land Enterprises
- Rory Carlson, Corporate Controller, Superior Construction
- Brittany Diederich, Part Owner/Director of Finance and Administration, Industrial Builders, Inc.
- Travis Foth, Regional Controller, Rosendin
- Lance Glaser, Director, Performance Contractors, Inc.
- Scott Kelderman, CPA, Controller, Howe, Inc.
- Craig Kimbrough, CPA, CCIFP, Director, BKD, LLP
- Tim Koster, Commercial Insurance & Risk Advisor, BHS Insurance
- Jeffrey Krogsgard, Vice President, Controller, Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
- Anne McCarley, Executive Contract Surety Underwriter, The Hartford
- Buddy Newton, CPA, MST, CVA®, Tax Partner, Stockman Kast Ryan + Co
- Brian C. Nuzio, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Friedman LLP
- Stephanie Pompeo, VP of Finance, Wharton-Smith, Inc.
- David Sheaffer, CPA, CCIFP, Director, Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
- Reed Sellers, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Wipfli
- Matthew Smith, CPA, CCIFP, Audit Principal, YHB | CPAs & Consultants
- Karl Stephenson, Accounting Manager, The Tri-M Group, LLC
- Trista Taylor, Controller, Elcon Corporation
- Stacey Vanovermeire, CPA, CMA, Controller, Chandos Construction
- Michael Varney, AFSB, Executive Vice President, Varney Agency
Learn more about the winners at cfma.org/risingstars.